Friday 24 August 2012

Review: Avène Rich Compensating Cream


My face is suffering from winter dryness at the moment. I skimmed my bathroom cabinet for a normal moisturiser and realised that although I own a whole bunch of tinted, SPF and night creams I do not own one single normal day moisturiser. Pretty weird for someone obsessed with skincare and makeup, eh? I suppose I could have used my night moisturizer but somehow this feels wrong, like, what if my face falls off if I wear it before the sun sets??

I received a 5ml sample of Avène Rich Compensating Cream (RRP $49.95 for 40ml) in my July LHI box, which came in a nice sampling tube.

The Spiel: A daily moisturiser for very dry sensitive skin formulated to intensely nourish and protect the skin.

The sample doesn't say whether it's for the face or not but I used it for my face and was pleasantly surprised. The smell is soft and pretty. Not too chemical or flowery. The cream itself is quite thick and goes on nicely. You don't have to use much at all. After a few days my skin is no longer dry. It's crazy expensive (well, for my poor student budget, anyway) but I might try and find it on eBay.

I had never heard of Avène before but these beauty boxes are really opening my eyes to what's out there!

The Verdict: 4 out of 5 Ducks

No comments:

Post a Comment