Thursday 26 July 2012

Review: Lust Have It Ozsale Box

So... I finally succumbed to the revoluciĆ³n that is the beauty sample box. The premise: pay around $15 per month (or by a yearly subscription for $165- one month free) for a monthly selection of 4-5 high-end (and a few more affordable) brands of skincare, makeup and fragrance samples. The la-di-da brands are ones I wouldn't usually buy and sounded kinda cool so I scoured a few blogs to see what all the fuss was about and liked what I saw.

Rather than just buy one month and suss it out, I stupidly dived right in and bought a 6 month subscription with Lust Have It; the first box being a "special edition". They dicked me around for a month with crappy customer service and it has now been 5 weeks since I paid and I have yet to receive the promised July Box. However, here is what I received in the Ozsale edition box:

Photo by Herr Ellinghaus

The first thing I noticed when I opened it was the chemical smell emanating from the postage box. Turns out it's a half-bar of Lush "Dirty" soap. It's this neon smurfy blue colour with sandalwood and cedarwood and other tree extracts. I always scurry past Lush on Swanston because the smell of the store wafts onto the street and makes me nauseous. Don't ask me why someone would want to smell like a minty tree... but there you go.

The second item I pick up is the mini Lancome Juicy Tube in a cheerful cherry colour. If only I wore lip gloss! I think I'm past the age where I can get away with a fruity pout- I already went through the teenage lip smackers phase. Oh well.

Next is some Crabtree and Evelyn Hand India Hicks Island Therapy Cream. Phew! That's a mouthful. Let's all pause for a moment and giggle over the fact that this contains the word "crab" (teehee!). The positive: it contains Myrrh. You know, like the stuff that one of the Three Wise Men brought to baby Jesus as a gift. If it's good enough for the messiah, it's good enough for me. It smells nice and it's small enough to carry in my handbag should an emergency flaky-dry-hand situation occur

Aha! The first full sized product comes in the form of Davroe Moisture Senses Argan Oil. Never heard of this brand but the card tells me that it has "anti-aging" properties. Perhaps my hair will reverse back into my head? Apparently Argan oil is all the rage at the moment!

Next up... oh god. My eyes! It's Kaparti Polish in the world's fugliest shade. I cannot and shall not be wearing this. A shame, because I like a nice square bottle :(

And lastly... Ahava Essential Day Moisturiser. Another miniature. I wish I'd saved my "Aha!" for this.

The Verdict: 3 out of 5 Ducks
I also received 4 Mor products:

Photo by Herr Ellinghaus

They sure look purty. The lychee soap smells delicious and the perfume oil has nice subtle scent. These might make a really nice gift.

So there you have it. Hope August is better. I'll put up the photos on the weekend when I take some pictures with Josh's fancy new camera. I'll also review my first Bellabox at a later date (it arrived this morning and is AMAZEBALLS).



















No comments:

Post a Comment